Welcome to the all new Learn Live website. Why not get involved and join the chat? Join here
Electrification Safety Broadcast - Wednesday 9th October @ 11:00am
Electrification Safety Broadcast – Wednesday 9th October @ 11:00am
Due to the forthcoming electrification of train tracks in many areas, we are inviting your school/college to participate in an online interactive tutorial that will help communicate the new risks your pupils face.
The session is being delivered by Learn Live on behalf of Network Rail and will not only explain in under 1 hour why young should stay safe near the railway but their participation could win your school audio visual equipment.
Why electrifying the railway is relevant to your pupils:
- The Midland Main Line is being electrified between Bedford, Kettering and Corby – passing 25,000-volt wires through your local community
- 11 young people lost their lives after trespassing on the railway in 2017-18
- 39% of near misses with a train involve children
- 76% of trespass incidents have more than one child involved
The reality is that number of young people putting themselves at risk is probably much greater. The figures above are those that have been reported and we know about. We would therefore very much appreciate your participation in this potentially life-saving initiative.
We want as many schools as possible to participate, hence why we use technology to reach into classrooms and allow classes to have their questions answered in real time, so please use the chat facility as the side of the video to ask any questions you may have on Electrification Safety.
Special events Videos
- What browser should I use to watch this event?
For best performance please ensure you are using Google Chrome on a PC/Laptop. For Mac and tablet/smarphone users the live event will stream fine with Firefox, Safari etc.
- Will I be able to test the live stream before the start of the event?
Yes you can test the video player we will be using for the event by clicking on the video above.
- How do I ask a question before or during the LIVE event?
You will be able to ask questions in advance of the event as well as on the day by using the chat facility above located next to the video player.
For best results please use Google Chrome on a PC/Laptop or Safari/Firefox on a tablet device.