Get into engineering and a Celebration of International Women in Engineering Day
This live broadcast brought to life how exciting a career in flood and coastal engineering is, as some of our outstanding female engineers shared their experience explain their varied career paths. In addition to hearing their stories, you can directly interact with them to ask any burning questions you might have.
We heard from…
- Gabriella Difrancesco, a Graduate Civil Engineer at Environment Agency
- Omoniyi Green, a Contracts Manager at Environment Agency
- Gemma McAdie, an Apprentice Engineering Technician at Environment Agency
- Veronica Flint Williams, a Contract and Risk Manager, Flood and Coastal Risk Management at Environment Agency
A career in engineering can make a real difference to people’s lives, create a better place for people and wildlife, as well as leave a positive legacy for future generations.
During this recorded broadcast you will find out how you can forge your own path in this rewarding vocation as speakers:
- Describe entry routes into the sector
- Highlight types of roles and career opportunities
- Change perspectives, to encourage more girls and boys to think of going into engineering
- Explain how rewarding a career in engineering can be
- Raise the profile of women in engineering
Broadcast length 30 minutes
For more information please see the link below;