Learn Live Men’s Mental Health Awareness
This broadcast focused on the important topic of men’s/boy’s mental health, highlighting relevant statistics, discussing reasons why men may struggle to talk about their mental health and emphasising the importance of them seeking help when they are struggling.
· 1 in 6 men are found to suffer from a diagnosable mental health problem
· Suicide is the largest cause of death for men under the age of 45
· Men make up approximately 75% of all suicides
· Men are less likely to access psychological therapies for their mental health problems.
· Men are three times more likely to become alcohol dependent and use illegal drugs
Please visit Charlotte’s website for further resources;
The live interview will be interactive so please leave a question now or on the day of the broadcast, on any questions you have about Men’s Mental Heath or Mental Health in general, for Charlotte by using the chat facility next to the video player.