The role of Mechanical Technician involves working from engineering drawings, data and documentation in order to carry out the manufacture, installation, testing, commissioning, fault diagnosis and maintenance of all hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical equipment. This can range between utility and service distribution and equipment to highly automated munition manufacturing equipment. As a Mechanical Apprentice you will be involved in fault finding, planned maintenance and testing on the mechanical systems.
What Does The Apprenticeship Involve?
• Design and fabricate tooling and equipment
• Manufacture components using machining equipment
• Fault finding on energised systems, including hydraulics and pneumatics
• Planned maintenance on mechanical equipment
• ATEX equipment maintenance
The qualification that you will receive is – Level 3 Apprenticeship in Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering
For information about this apprenticeship with BAE click here!