Lead day to day depot activities, manage personnel and associated productivity, safely and effectively. Direct the team with a view to continual improvement in business performance, process and overall efficiency.
Monitor so that site activities comply with the Guide to Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), relevant rules, regulations, Railway Group and Network Rail’s company standards and all applicable procedures and legislation.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Encourage an awareness of the importance of HSQE and good workmanship by regular communication with all contractors’ site staff
- Monitor and assess the competence of contractor’s staff prior to and during all phases of work.
- Check whether the contractor complies with Network Rail policy in accident/incident reporting and investigation and assist with conducting investigations.
- Locally agree site records and freight haulage claims with the contractor for payment purposes.
- Provides functional support to Development Managers and Project Managers as directed.