Solution Architects must deliver solutions with consideration of through-life solution operation such as operational support and management, integration, change and extension, migration and re-platforming, productisation, re-use, withdrawal/retirement and disposal.
Some Common Role Accountabilities:
- Responsible for defining and managing the solution engineering approach.
- Owns and manages technical and solution risks. Works to reduce and mitigate at earliest practical opportunity
- Retains overall ownership of solution through delivery and transition into operation and/or subsequent refinement, or modification.
- Ensures that appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national and international) are adhered to.
- Works with quality and test management functions to ensure that proposed test strategies and approaches are fit-for-purpose.