At Gateshead College we offer the highest standards of education and real world skills.
It’s a combination we call employment edge and it’s totally unique to Gateshead College.
Employment edge means:
- Hands on experience that will make your CV stand out from the pile
- Being able to walk into a business, look people in the eye and know you deserve to be there
- The confidence to shine in an interview and the strength to tackle the world of work
- Giving parents the confidence that their child will be challenged as well as nurtured
- Helping organisations build team that will be the heartbeat of the business, with personal and professional skills
We know all this can seem daunting but we’ll be with you from day one, every step of the way.
That’s what we believe Gateshead College is all about. Giving you the confidence and self-belief you need to find your purpose. And the skills, support and direction you need to make the most of your talents. It’s these things that will make a big difference to your life.
Qualifications matter. And we’ll help you get the ones you need. But we’ll also give you so much more. And if we both put in everything we’ve got, you’ll be more than ready for the world of work.
To shape and nurture the most highly prized students in the jobs market.
As the college of choice in our region, we lead the skills sector in delivering the highest standards of education and training to our students and we provide industry with the skilled workforce it needs both now and for the future. We are recognised as the college which gives students Employment Edge.
We will strive to achieve our full potential and will help others to do the same.
We will deliver outstanding experiences for everyone.
We will work in partnership with others to achieve our vision and share greater benefits.
We will approach everything with a creative, can-do attitude.
We are focused, effective and accountable.
We will respect others and our environment.