Who we are
Great Places Housing Group exists to improve the lives of the people living in our 24,000 homes across the North West and Yorkshire. We are much more than just a landlord, providing a wide-range of services and promoting partnership work to create vibrant, sustainable communities.
The Group, which is supported by approximately 600 colleagues across four regional offices (our Manchester head office, Oldham, Sheffield and Blackpool), encompasses:
- Great Places Housing Association – providing general needs rented homes and tenancy services as well as accommodation and services that promote independence and wellbeing for some of society’s most vulnerable people.
- Plumlife – an award-winning affordable home ownership company. Plumlife helps people to fulfil their home ownership dreams through Help to Buy schemes such as Shared Ownership as well as outright sale.
- Cube – developing quality new homes for market sale and private rent.
Our history traces back to 1972; however, it was the merger of Manchester Methodist Housing Association and Ashiana Housing Association in 2006 that created Great Places Housing Group.
Our achievements and ambitions
We are one of the fastest growing housing associations in the north of England and our growth is underpinned by a profit-for-purpose business model.
In 2019/20 we delivered 229 new homes with an additional 698 affordable new homes on-site, sold 258 homes for market sale and shared ownership, and invested £52M to build new homes. We invested a further £9M, which facilitated 2,491 programmed improvements to around 1,900 of our homes and have also spent over £8M in maintaining the condition of our customers’ homes.
- Visit the 2020 Annual Report for more information
We have scooped numerous awards during our journey so far to deliver on our vision and live our values.
- Read more about our corporate ambitions for the future.
Great Places is proud to be a profit-for-purpose organisation
Great Places is a profit-for-purpose organisation that gives back to our customers, communities and colleagues.
Our aim is to be as efficient as possible and remain a top performer in the industry; however, we then make a very conscious decision to use a large chunk of our surplus to be much more than just a landlord and improve our customers’ lives.