NETWORK RAIL CAREERS
SUPPORTING YOUR JOURNEY
INTO THE WORLD OF WORK
ASK US A QUESTION NOW
VIA THE LIVE CHAT
Please feel free to leave a question in the chat and a Network Rail representative will be in touch.
Why Network Rail Careers?
There are many reasons why you should consider Network Rail Careers. If you’re looking to join a company that’s nationally revitalising Britain, there’s no looking past Network Rail.
Every single day, over 4.8 million people use Network Rail to keep their lives going and we have a mission to keep Britain moving as quick and efficient as we can, providing an outstanding service to all of our passengers. However, we still come across many new and recurring challenges and that’s where we’re looking to recruit. If you’re a forward thinking, proactive and problem-solving person, you’re just the type of person we’re looking to hear from.
Involved in some of the most ambitious projects in civil engineering, we’re proud of the difference we’ve made and output we’ve achieved. From working on Crossrail – Europe’s largest civil engineering project – to investing in absolute world-class stations, we’re always looking to use our expertise to help. The great thing about working with us is that people will always need travel and in fact, that number is growing year on year.
Types of Network Rail Careers
Wherever your interest lies, we’re sure that we’ll be able to match you up to a role that suits you the best and one where you will thrive with us. Below, are just a few of the career options that you can get involved in:
- Operations – In this type of role, you’ll be expected to ensure safe performance on the railway, manage systems and assisting to reopen any blocked railway.
- Maintenance – This sort of career involves the day to day upkeep of the network. Our maintenance team looks after all our infrastructure to ensure everything is in good working order.
- Engineering – As a Network Rail engineer, you’ll be expected to range from simple over night repairs to working on major architectural developments. The umbrella term ”engineering” really does present a lot of opportunities.
- Professional Services – Running a railway network takes a lot of different groups pf people/s expertise and help. That’s why we offer Network Rail careers in property, communications, human resources and business services.
For more information, use our LIVE Chat Facility or check out Network Rail Careers page.
About Network Rail
Current job vacancies
Various sites across the UK
Twitter FeedTweets by Network Rail
learnliveuk.com is operated by Learn Live Limited registered in England under company number 08812253, whose registered address is Chorley Business and Technical Centre, Euxton Lane, Chorley PR7 6TE
- What browser should I use to watch this event?
For best performance please ensure you are using Google Chrome on a PC/Laptop. For Mac and tablet/smarphone users the live event will stream fine with Firefox, Safari etc.
- Will I be able to test the live stream before the start of the event?
Yes you can test the video player we will be using for the event by clicking on the video above.
- How do I ask a question before or during the LIVE event?
You will be able to ask questions in advance of the event as well as on the day by using the chat facility above located next to the video player.
For best results please use Google Chrome on a PC/Laptop or Safari/Firefox on a tablet device.