Ribby Hall Village Wedding & Events department is looking for a new Planner to join the amazing team of customer service specialists. Find out more here
SAFEGUARDING AND CHILD PROTECTION POLICY
Learn Live fully recognises its responsibilities for safeguarding and child protection.
The aim of this policy is to ensure:
all pupils are safe and protected from harm.
safeguarding procedures are in place to help pupils to feel safe and learn to stay safe.
adults in the school community are aware of the expected behaviours and the school’s legal responsibilities in relation to safeguarding and child protection.
All staff are:
familiar with this safeguarding policy and have an opportunity to contribute to its
alert to signs and indicators of possible
able to record and report concerns as set out in this
The Learn Live channel adheres to the latest online safeguarding guidelines as published by the DfE in March 2020. DfE guidance is in italics below.
1) Webinars and recordings are recommended where possible as opposed to live delivery interaction (we recognise this is a challenge for delivery partners delivering personal guidance, however modes of delivery should be given careful consideration)
All content on the Learn Live channel is pre-recorded where possible except the live links from the studio to introduce the session and relay questions to the presenters.
2) Where possible try to avoid 1:1 situations – involve a parent or facilitator
Broadcasts on the Learn Live channel are 1 to many rather than 1:1 facilitation so this situation doesn’t occur with young people
3) All staff and young people must wear suitable clothing, including anyone else in the household
All recordings with delivery partners or employers are project managed by the Learn Live team to ensure suitability of location and technical resources.
4) Any computers used should be in appropriate areas, for example, not in bedrooms, Consider the background that the young person will see on video
All environmental factors are considered during the management of the recording or live interview by the Learn Live team to ensure the appropriate measures are in place.
5) If communicating with students online, make sure the platform you are using is suitable for their age group. Also check the privacy settings.
The LIVE CHAT facility where students and parents interact with the presenters on Learn Live is fully moderated to protect both the employer/partner and young person. The following information is what we send to participants before engaging with the LIVE CHAT on the Learn Live channel:-
To use the LIVE CHAT facility the first thing to do is to type your comment or question into the chat box, you can now enter your screen name. Your screen name will show when you type your question or comment.
Now you will see the LIVE CHAT facility asks for your email address. Each of our pages are linked to people from the organisation who can reply to your questions. You can enter your email address, which will not be shared with anyone, to get a direct response from the people behind the broadcast. If you do not want a direct response, then click the button at the bottom. People behind the broadcast can still respond to you if you don’t provide your email address, this just means you may have to come back to the LIVE CHAT thread to check for a response.
You can now speak to the people behind the broadcasts and ask any questions you may have on the broadcast or check out our Partner Pages to see the companies we work with who you can speak to right now about current vacancies. You can also check out our careers page which connects you to employers. Our LIVE CHAT service is linked 24/7 to employers from a wide range of sectors, all waiting to hear from you.
You can leave a question below about how to produce a professional cv or how to prepare for interviews, anything work related and one of our businesses will respond to you directly.
You can also access a wide variety of live interactive broadcasts and video on demand all with LIVE CHAT support on all pages.
PARENTS / GUARDIANS / TEACHERS
Now, this bit is for the parents, guardians and teachers. The best bit about the LIVE CHAT facility is that it is completely moderated so you don’t need to worry if your young person leaves an inappropriate comment as it will only show on their screen and no one elses until it has been approved by the team at Learn Live.
Another great thing about the chat facility is that it is GDPR protected so no information is shared with anyone else. We protect and encrypt all email addresses and will never post email addresses or phone numbers of your young people on the LIVE CHAT.
6) Sessions should be kept to a reasonable time
All broadcasts are limited to 15 minutes where possible to maximise engagement.
7) Language must be professional and appropriate, including that of any family members in the background
The young people and parents are not shown on the broadcasts and interact with the Learn Live channel via the fully moderated LIVE CHAT facility.
8) Where appropriate delivery partners should seek advice from school and college data controllers to reassure themselves that any teaching and learning software and platforms are suitable and raise no privacy issues, or raise cases against the provider terms and conditions (for example using consumer products for business purposes)
The Learn Live team will check the suitability of any content (software, video or third party platforms before the broadcast is scheduled.
9) Providers should seek parental permission to contact young people directly, agreeing protocols for contacting beneficiaries with the school or college first. A Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) should be available at the school or college. An example consent form can be found here https://learning.nspcc.org.uk/research-resources/templates/example-consent-form/
All communication from Learn Live is first directed at the Designated Safeguarding Lead and/or SLT to ensure all students that participate in any broadcasts have consent to appear on a media platform or social media.
10) Webinars and live broadcast should be recorded where possible to maintain a record of the activity
Webinars and live broadcasts on the Learn Live channel are recorded and stored in a protected area for 12 months. In addition, the LIVE CHAT messages are also recorded and stored securely in an excel format for evaluation if necessary.
Please fill in the contact form below if you would like us to get in touch with you, or alternatively call 01257 446010.
learnliveuk.com is operated by Learn Live Limited registered in England under company number 08812253, whose registered address is Eaton Ave, Matrix Park, Buckshaw Village, Chorley, PR7 7NA
For best performance please ensure you are using Google Chrome on a PC/Laptop. For Mac and tablet/smarphone users the live event will stream fine with Firefox, Safari etc.
Yes you can test the video player we will be using for the event by clicking on the video above.
You will be able to ask questions in advance of the event as well as on the day by using the chat facility above located next to the video player.
For best results please use Google Chrome on a PC/Laptop or Safari/Firefox on a tablet device.