Are you looking for a diverse role that is fun, stimulating and rewarding every day?
Creative Support is looking for a warm and caring Support Worker to join our Residential Care Home (The Laurels) in Carlisle, Cumbria. Here we provide quality care and support to a number of residents, helping and encouraging them to lead a fulfilling and enriched life.
No two days at The Laurels, Carlisle are the same as we support our vibrant residents to follow their passions and engage in a range of activities. Even during lockdown we have been able to continue arranging enjoyable and entertaining experiences for all of our residents. For example, last week we were feeding and cuddling lambs. One of our service users spoke so fondly of their old Norton motorbike that we brought one to the service for everyone to see!
The Laurels, Carlisle has a family feel and we enjoy sharing all our exciting activities with residents’ close family and friends on Facebook.
“This is the most supportive organisation I’ve worked for and I have worked in care for over 20 years. The training is excellent and if there’s anything you want to achieve or any ambitions you have, this is the right place to be” – Shirley-Ann Tingey, Registered Manager
Your role will include:
– Providing personal care and administering medication,
– Encourage residents to engage in a range of exciting social activities both within and outside the home,
– To develop warm and trusting relationships with service users enabling them to enjoy their time at the service to the fullest,
We are looking for candidates from all walks of life. No previous care experience is needed, just a passion for providing person-centred care and support and working in a fun environment!
Full training is provided by our Creative Support Training Academy, as is the opportunity to work towards QCF Diploma in Health and Social Care.
The service is located on a main public transport route with regular buses travelling in and around the area.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
• A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period.
• Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
• Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
• Free employee support programme
• All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
• Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
Please note – It is a legal requirement that we only employ people in our Care Homes who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
Evidence of vaccination needs to be demonstrated as part of the pre- employment process
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
|Company Name||Creative Support Ltd|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Number of Positions Available||4|
|Hourly Rate From||9.50|
|Hourly Rate To||9.70|
|Website Link / Email address to Apply||https://www.creativesupport.co.uk/job/care-worker-2/|
|Email For CV Applications||[email protected]|