Role: Customer Service Ambassador
Location: Manchester Airport Operations
Contract: Full Time, Permanent (40 hours per week)
Salary: £20,498.04 + 17.5% shift allowance
• We are proud to be a diverse employer, and we welcome candidates from all backgrounds
• Work for an iconic Northwest business supporting Manchester Airport’s Operations
• Competitive salary + Pension, free-parking and generous benefits
Manchester Airports Group Plc (MAG) is the UK’s largest UK-owned airport operator. We own and operate Manchester, London Stansted, East Midlands, and our MAG USA business based out of Chicago. Our airports aren’t just popular, they’re multi-award winning. Manchester Airport has won prestigious industry recognition for customer service and holds the title of ‘Best UK Airport’. We’re active and engaged in our local communities, with a positive approach to corporate responsibility.
Our Customer Services Team
At the heart of our airport is a Customer Services team who deliver the best possible experience for each and every one of our guests. Here the team strive to provide a great service at every touch point, whether it’s helping a guest find their check-in desk or assisting them through the terminals.
As Customer Service Ambassador, it will be your job to see that all our guests receive a best in class, safe and efficient customer service experience as they move through our Terminals. You will provide professional, timely and accurate information to see guests have a great start to their journey. Working a rostered shift pattern (inlcuding 3am starts and a rotation of 24hr night and day shift work) , you will support the operational activity to meet customer demands and needs where your accountabilities will include:
• To ensure service levels are achieved and maintained for all aspects of guest experience, including check-in, security, immigration.
• Provide information to all terminal/airport users via various channels including, face to face, radio, e-mail, tannoy or telephone.
• Proactively respond to customer feedback and problem situations.
• Answer enquiries and input flight information via Airport Systems.
• Monitor the standards of the Terminal appearance and cleanliness.
• Assist in emergency situations including evacuations and re-entry.
• Deal with complaints face to face
• Attend any accidents occurring within the Terminals and accurately report, investigate and make any recommendations.
Passionate about providing the best customer experience possible you will thrive in a fast paced and busy environment. You will enjoy every day being different, facing challenges and will possess the following attributes:
• Proven experience in a similar customer service operational role.
• Demonstratable experience of working in a face to face customer service environment.
• Good influencing skills and the ability to persuade, organise and direct people in a friendly informative manner.
• Able to effectively handle complaints and conflict to reach the most positive resolution.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbally.
• A positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
• Resilient with the ability to confidently handle change and challenges outside of your control.
• Proficient user of Microsoft packages, including outlook, word and excel.
• Must be able to work rostered shift patterns that operate on a 24 hour roster that includes a mix of days and nights
What we offer
At MAG we value and celebrate difference; colleagues feel like they belong and are valued in a collaborative, supportive, and inclusive environment with fair access to opportunities. Our benefits include:
• Competitive salary + CC pension
• Free parking and subsidised public transport
• Discounts on company products e.g. holiday parking
• Salary sacrifice options on lifestyle/ finance/ health products
• 24 days Holiday entitlement + bank holidays
• Internal progression and development opportunities
How do I apply?
Please submit your up-to date CV and a covering letter detailing how you meet the role criteria.
Please note that counter terrorism clearance is required for this role and in order to obtain this, you must have been a UK resident for the last 3 years.
For current MAG employees applying for this role, applications will only be accepted through Colleague Self Service (CSS) – please follow this link: www.manchesterairport.co.uk/sf
Advert will close once sufficient applications are received