Customs Co-ordinator E.T.S.F. – Basildon
Due to increased global growth in the business, we are looking for an individual to join our team as a Customs E.T.S.F operator within the Basildon Office of ALPI UK Ltd.
Assist the organisation with all aspects of the Customs ETSF authorisation at Basildon. Maintaining compliant data integrity to allow timely movement of freight, while providing an exceptional customer service.
Salary: Up to £28,000 per annum based on experience
Office Hours: Monday Friday 08.30 hours 17.30 hours [one-hour unpaid lunch]
Saturday rota: 1 in 4 approximately
The ALPI Group is a recognized player in the Freight Forwarding and Transportation Industry who also specializes in the Supply Chain and Logistics Solutions. Albini & Pitigliani, that is where the acronym ALPI comes from.
With 70 years of history, our company has established best-practice standards in ground transportation, air and ocean shipments, customs clearance, and supply chain management.
Still a family run company where people are treated as people, not numbers and considered for their value. With unchanged passion we strive to balance a growing company in a highly competitive industry, with family ethics and social responsibility .
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure accurate and timely data entry into our operating system.
· Ensure all goods are packaged out of the ETSF within the required timescales
· Ensure bond checks are completed by the warehouse teams on a weekly basis
· Ensure the bond checks are reviewed within the system and any administration work to reconcile is undertaken timely
· Ensure all release and removal notes for goods removing from the ETSF are appropriately signed for and scanned to E.doc for audit purposes
· Ensure housekeeping functions are performed where appropriate on ETSF inventories created
· Assist in the management of the time limits available for goods remaining in the ETSF pending and post clearance
· Assist in maintaining the authorization within Heathrow, and be involved in any adjustments to that authorization deemed necessary
· Be responsible for the communication with HMRC regarding any BIP lists sent, and ensure timelines are met in that response back to Customs
· Be the initial point of contact for discussions with HMRC or Border force personnel when visiting the LHR facility
· Assist in the closure of Transits for goods arriving at the LHR facility
· Be involved in any necessary training of personnel interacting with the ETSF needed for the UK branches
· Assist teams in any further development of processes surrounding the movement of goods
· Act as liaison between LHR departments regarding reconciliation and control of ETSF inventories
· Be responsible for running reports on inventory consignments within the facility and provision of those reports to departments within the branch who are also assisting in the operational management of the ETSF facility
· Support the smooth and timely freight process flow
· Always meet compliance to regulations. This includes internal policies and procedures such as Operational Process Standards (OPS) and external government regulations or customer policies / requirements
· Understand department process flows, constantly looking for areas of improved efficiency
· Ensure all customers standard operating procedures are followed as per the procedures and policies
· Assist the branches on meeting KPI standards, as per the companys procedures
· Daily review Customs Stat 1 / operational reports and work with team on updating event codes
· Audit files and work with the teams on meeting operating process standards and AEO regulations.
· Build and maintaining strong relationships with branch departments and governmental Customs organizations.
· Monitor undischarged Transit forms
· Monitor duty deferment usage and levels
· Monitor license/visa applications
Skills & Competency:
· Previous experience as a Customs E.T.S.F or in a similar role preferable (experience in freight over two years)
· Quality organisational skills and ability to manage many tasks or projects at the same time.
· Ability to prioritise own workload but also be able to work as part of a team
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· Conversant in IT skills e.g., Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) and systems
· Demonstrate working administrative background
· Must have an analytical skill, with a high level of attention to detail.
Along with 20 days annual leave + Public holidays and yearly pension review we offer the following benefits:
· Confidential EAP platform for you and your immediate family members as spouse/partners and children aged 16 to 24 in full-time education, living in the same household
· Access to our Employee Discounts and Perks, which includes Grocery Shopping, Holidays, Movies, Sports, Wellness and many more.
· After completing six months service, ALPI UK Death in Service equal to three times your annual salary.
· After one years service employees are eligible to join the Private Medical Scheme (application process required).
· After one years service company contributions increase 9% for the Group personal Pension Plan.
· Holiday loyalty days up to a maximum of 5 days (1 per each full year of employment completed)
Ease of Commute
· The company has its own free carpark with allocated company spaces (first come basis) and an adjacent public highway with limited parking restrictions.
· ALPI UK Ltd, Miles Gray Road, is adjacent to the A127 (separated sufficiently, yet in close enough proximity for ease of access).
· We are approximately a brisk thirty-minute walk from the Basildon main line railway station, C2C line Southend Fenchurch Street.
· The First Group 100 bus amongst others stop on the Pipps Hill Retail Park (ASDA B&Q, TK Maxx etc.) Route: Lakeside Chelmsford.
Alpi UK is part of the Albini & Pitigliani Group www.alpiworld.com #Alpiness.
We actively encourage and promote diversity and are committed to equal opportunities for all.
|Number of Positions Available
|Website Link / Email address to Apply
|Email For CV Applications
|Transport and Logistics